Happy Birthday Hayden!!

My spunky Mr. Hayden is officially 4!! I tell ya this kid just makes me laugh and laugh. He is such a determined kid and wants to be independent with everything he does, which I have to reel him back in sometimes (Ok all the time) and say "No mommy HAS to help you with this!!" He wants to please people and make them happy. And that is why sometimes when eating I tell him to take three more Hulk Bites (meaning very big) and he does it and I say " I didn't see, show me again" and he happily will eat three more big Hulk bites after which he says, "All done" and I say, "I don't think that last bite was big enough you better do one more" which he does and I tell him, "Good job you can be all done thank you" and he smiles takes his all EMPTY plate off to the sink and goes to wash his hands!! I hope this can work for a while more at least ;) For his birthday we simply had a party with our own little family and the boys had a great time with it. I told Hayden to go find all the Spiderman toys and Spiderman cars and anything that he wanted to decorate the table with. He thought it was cool to decorate his chair.
His cake really was last minute. I barely had enough powdered sugar for my frosting recipe but ended up washing alot down the drain, who knows why that is I guess I didn't make as tall a cake this time. Hayden kept asking "What are you doing now? I don't know mom, that's not like Spiderman's head." Then when I outlined the eyes he said "Oh! There he is, yeah right there"
I tried to apply lines to the red frosting for his webby look and you can tell and little bit, but I really need to get better cake decorating tools I don't think 2 tips and zip lock baggies can work all the time.
While I was finishing the cake Clayton was being sneaking and drawing up this poster to surprise Hayden with. His top secret place for coloring was in my coat closet siting on the floor with a little desk to color on. What a nice big brother!

Nathan came home and surprised the boys with, what else a McDonald's Happy meal. Honestly both boys love Wendy's better mainly because the hamburger (Jr bacon cheeseburger) comes with a tomato on it and they take it off and eat it first then the rest of the hamburger and also Wendy's has frosty's. But McDonald's is special to them because they go there all the time with Grandpa Ron and they usually have pretty cool toys. My boys know we don't always get happy meals and my deal with them is, we get a Happy meal for something special or if the toy happens to be really cool that they love, I mean really love because usually it's not and the boys are good about waiting until there is something worth buying a Happy meal for.

Hayden had fun opening presents, eating cake along with his fries and playing with the ever supreme Happy meal toy. Hayden loved all the calls he got and had fun saying "I'm four" to everyone. Also now that he is four, Hayden truely thinks that he is stronger and wants to take on Nathan at a long wrestling match which he tells me he is going to win!! Love the kid like crazy and am so glad he had a great special day.

7 comments:

The Patterson's said...

Happy Birthday Hayden! You have such an awesome mommy. You guys did a great job with everything. Let us know when we can come over to say happy bday in person.

Whitney said...

Yay Hayden! Happy birthday! I'm so excited to throw little boy birthday parties... hopefully I can do as good a job as you!!

Shelby said...

Looks like a pretty darn good spiderman cake to me! I can't believe that your boys are growing up so fast! I remember when Clayton was just a baby when we visited you guys in Nauvoo! Tell Hayden I said Happy Birthday!

Kelley Rae said...

Happy Birthday! He's such a cutie. The cake looks great - good job! BTW he said the 1st and 2nd articles of faith all by himself on his first day in Primary . . . such a good kid!

Katie said...

So cute Lacey, you are such a good mom, I usually buy a cake at the store for Birthdays. Love your blog!!

Brooklyn said...

Happy birthday to BIG Hayden! We love you and it looks like you had a great birthday party..wish we could have been there! Em

Keli said...

Happy Birthday Hayden! He's such a cutie!