ABC'S

Justin LOVES letters!!  He is constantly naming off letters everywhere.  I mean he is noticing stop signs and store names and even the letters spelling out the word seat belt while he sits in a grocery cart!  He doesn't quite have the concept of whispering down yet so while we are at church trying  to be quiet, you can hear Justin  saying, "H..Y...M...N...S look mom letters, see H...Y...M...N...S" as he studies our church's hymn book. ;)  I am always surprised he says M and N right beacuse those are tricky for kids. 
 I had made cards for Clay and Hayden when they were learning ABC's so I had Justin play a game with them with some other ABC cards I had bought at the dollar store.  I started by mixing all the first cards and we found them one by one together and lined them up.  Then I dumped the other card set out and told him to find matches.  He would pick a card and say the name, find it, and place it below the matching letter. It was hilarious to watch, with each card he would talk to himself, "T, look Mom T....T....T...T   Oh here it is T!!!"
 I am trying to have him see how letter make words so after he spells S..T...O....P , I say that spells stop and he usually repeats me.  Funny boy, I love it!!

No comments: