Birthday Buffet

Birthday Buffet
So the last day of our time in California landed on my birthday July 27th!  I had received a text message and phone call from Nathan first thing which made my day.  We had a full day of driving ahead of us and it was smooth sailing for the most part, except for my Roman who was not feeling good and threw up in the car three times.  He had a little bug or something.  No fever, but he didn't have an appetite and was having a hard time getting to sleep.  Of course, when I am not the one driving and I am with my Dad he sees signs of how diving with kids can be hard, and was starting to worry about my trip back to Illinois since I would be taking on that 24hrs drive by myself.  My kids are great travelers but this was just not Roman's day, poor thing.
 But again HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.....BUFFET!!  Since we were traveling through Las Vegas anyway my Dad pulled on into the new ARIA HOTEL and treated us all to their buffet!  One slight problem happened when we were standing in the nice velvety roped off section for the buffet.  Roman who had seemed on the mend decided this was the perfect time to throw up all over the front of me, getting some down the back of my shirt and soaking himself in the process.  YUCK!!  I went under the nice velvety ropes and threw Emily Roman's blanket so she could mop up the floor for me.  Some women said "Not the blanket!" in the back ground, but she was the lest of my worries and I have back up blankets in the car. So out to find a bathroom and then go change in the car.  Good thing we are here with packed suitcases huh.  Of course the nearest bathroom was on the first level and I was currently on the third so down the escalators we went.  Once in the bathroom I had to strip Roman down to his diaper and rinse both of us off.  Then another problem presented itself.  I had nowhere to put all this throw upity clothes and the now really yucky blanket Emily brought back to me.  Hmmm I wonder if this hotel is a good as our church is and leaves a roll of garbage bags in the bottom of the garbage.  Score! One beautiful big black garbage bag to hold all these nasty clothes.  I still can remember all the funny looks I got walking past the high roller tables with a naked baby besides his diaper and a big black garbage bag over my shoulder.  Classy right?  I had to take an elevator to where our car was parked and a nice family joined me in the elevator.  They gave Roman and me a certain look which made me say, "He isn't feeling very well, and threw up.  We are getting more clothes right now."  The husband responded by saying, "Oh, well there's probably a lot of that going on around here."  I said "Yeah probably, at least his isn't self inflicted huh."  They all laughed pretty good at that one.  Roman was giving me smiles and acting normal so I think whatever was bugging him, he had gotten it all out.  And the big black garbage bag full of clothes can prove that.  Emily came out and was going to sit in the car with Roman so I could go enjoy the buffet.  I told her no Roman was looking lots better and we all could be there together.  I even had to force a "Emma Jean it's my birthday and your coming, now come on lets eat!"  Roman really was fine after that and actually feel asleep while we were sitting eating our hearts out!

I went for the prime rib and pre-sliced crab legs first and a few more times after that!  HEAVEN!!  
Even with the problems erupting throughout the drive and velvety waiting line it was a great birthday treat and I loved sharing it with family.  

No comments: