Didier Farms Pumpkin patch!!

I love, LOVE fall festivals, pumpkin patches, and the beautiful colors all around. So when Clay was out of school Monday for Columbus day, I gave an out of the blue call to some friends to see if they wanted to join us at Didier Farms. Melissa M. Carli W. and Shylo M. all came to enjoy an unusually hot fall day at the pumpkin farm. Me, and the kids always have a great time when we can get together with friends and enjoy the day. I thought the spray painted hay bale tractor was some fun scenery. Tractors will always remind me of home, even if it was a John Deere (Dad is loyal to the Red Case Tractors)

I had to say sorry to little miss Avery, my friend Melissa M. daughter, once Justin sat down and tried to push her aside. I mean look at him trying to stare her down, his hand even looks like its made into a fist. You can't tell he has two older brothers and trying to make his own mark with the group. Goodness, Gracious Mr. Justin.
Look at all those cute veggies!! I have to say that Melissa had the best smile in the whole group though!! Left to right: Hayden W. Melissa M. Clayton C. Avery M. Hayden C. *****Hayden, Lochan, Anika, Clayton, Celtin.


The kids thought the tepees were fun to hang out in.


Besides all the free things that we did: Tepee, bunnies, baby chicks, piglets, and pumpkins to see galore, Didier Farms had a lot of activities that required tickets to participate with. This kind of made the place seem like it was trying to nickel and dime people, but the admission and parking were absolutely free and even with telling the boys "No, we are not riding the dinky rides, or the camel (yes they did have an actual camel to ride), or buying the biggest pumpkin in the place", We still had a good time. OH, minus the fact that Clay did get lost for about 10 minutes. Shylo and I with our kids were looking at the camel, and then went on to the piglets. Apparently, Clay was having a lot of fun during our visit with an old camera of mine and while taking photos of the camel, he lost track of where we were at. After looking for us for a bit, a worker found him and took him to the country store and called my name over the intercom. They said he did really good giving his first and last name, my first and last, providing them with my phone number, which is my cell (that's all we go by) that was in my back pocket, but with all the noise around I didn't hear it and I must have not worn tight enough pants because I didn't feel the thing vibrate at all. Both Clay and I came up with the same conclusion for the day: Being lost is NO fun!! So besides that little hiccup, we bought three small pumpkins and a good carving tool, we made out of there spending $3 and all kids a counted for!!


Thanks to all my friends who came and we could have fun together!!!

1 comment:

Kelley Rae said...

I love pumpkin patches too - most out here cost money though so I long for all the "free" ones out there. Glad the weather isn't too bad yet so you can keep going on all these fun outings! :)