Look out, it's SUPERMAN

Hayden loves Superman!! His hair has gotten just long enough to put a curl to it to complete his look!
Hayden's muscle shirt was fun and crazy to make. I kept getting mad at my zipper foot on my sewing machine. It kept bunching up the thread on the bottom. I checked my tension and that was ok so I tried again and more extra thread!! I finally found out that my thread had looped itself around the top of that little silver bar you need to guide thread up and around. It was looped a good five or six times all hidden like, so there was the extra tension problem I had, sneaky thing. Anyway I found a tutorial here for making the muscle shirt. Although I made adjustments for myself. The tutorial says to use NU FOAM to make the muscle shirt. Well, after finding that at JoAnns and seeing that it would cost $7.00 for about a 12x12 piece, I improvised. Found some flip flops of Clays that were too little and broken, so I cut them up and I had muscle material that cost me nothing. Doing the freezer paper trick to this shirt was just that TRICKY, because of all those great big muscles to get just right, but no mess ups and we have a unique Superman Shirt!! Look at him go!! I just crack up when I see his little legs, covered first in tight blue, almost too small, pj bottoms with too short, red, pj shorts on top!!

2 comments:

Noel said...

Lacey- you ROCK! Love the costume, and love how Hayden is super excited!!! Hope all is going good for you and the fam! Miss ya!

Shelby said...

Sooo stinkin' cute! Love it!