2011 Summer Fun- Ranch

We had a family reunion at my Grandpa Delwyn's Ranch in Soda Springs, Idaho this past July. We started off the fun by going for a swim day at Lava Hot Springs. I have missed Lava so much. It's a great family place to go swim. Everyone had fun swimming, going down all the different slides and my brother-in-law Joe was crazy and would jump off the high platform which he had to sign a waiver to even go on!
We all got our gun on you could say!! I'm not even going to attempt to name all the different kinds of guns that were shot. Clay shot the target three times in a row, the kid's got aim.

There are a lot of toys to play on at the OK Ranch. (OK is my Grandpa Delwyn's brand he uses on his cattle and for his ranch) Let just say Clay was in Heaven!
Oh, how I enjoyed all the time with the horses. The trail rides were so refreshing and just plain peaceful riding on top of the different horses.
My cowboy Justin Ron. He was simply having a ball everyday!
Red bandanna attire???? Check!
Hayden was so funny. Really when is he not. He was given this hat by my Grandma Barbara and he would not take the thing off!! When I was getting he set in his tent to sleep, he wanted to wear the cowboy hat under the sleeping bag covers and it took my awhile to convince him it will be waiting for him in the corner of the tent.
My boys can't get enough of their Grandpa Ron!!
My sister Emily is a pro at braiding hair! It has been forever since I had my hair braided so tight. And the above is the result of taking the braid out. Poofy!
Justin was hilarious on the horse with me. I thought he wouldn't want to go faster than walking, but when I guided the horse into a trot, I heard tons of giggles so I went straight into a gallop. This horse's name is Ernie and he has a very smooth ride. He has what is called a 5th gait, which is collection of smooth footfall patterns that may be natural to some horses but others require training to acquire the technique. Ernie seems to just be gliding when you are riding him, perfect rhythm. When Justin could get his breath from laughing so hard he would say, "So fun, horsey"
My Grandpa knows how to have a bonfire. Just make it HUGE!! We enjoyed watching the blazing fire and then a collection of fireworks that we lite off.
Such a great week of fun!! And the food? Oh my goodness so so good!!

1 comment:

LIZ said...

Wow, that sounds like so much fun! Can I go on vacation with you next time?