Summer Fun 2011 - Idaho

Let the RoAd TrIp begin!! 24 hour drive from Chicago to Idaho!!
The boys were the best travelers ever!! I had absouletly no, "I'm going to pull over right now!" moments at all. The funnest thing about the drive was that I was so sure the boys were going to be watching alot of movies and I had it all ready for them to take turns picking out the movie, and sharing, but they watched only 1 and 1/2 movies the whole first day! Which was a 13 and 1/2 hour day of driving!!! Why did they only watch 1 movie and asked to shut the other off half way thru do you ask? They wanted to listen to HARRY POTTER that's why!!! It was hilarious. Sophie and I were really into the CD's and Clay would stop and ask questions every now and then. The guy who does all the voices is AMAZING! Time fly by for us. Even Justin seemed to listen and was completly content in his seat the whole way. I would be so tired strapped down all day with my feet dangeling from a car seat but he was so good for me!
Another sweet ride my boys absoletly loved was my dad's 1954 Chevy!! Such a good looking truck he rebuilt. Perfect vehicle to take for a Sunday drive after church.
I love coming to my sister Emily's house in the summer. She can let the irrigating water out on her lawn and the kids go wild! Each time Hayden has been there for this he says he "so wants to surf the lawn".

Cutest pose ever Emily!!
For my Nephew Ryder, (Jessa and Trent's son) 2nd birthday, mom and dad took everyone to Tauphaus Park Zoo. This is a great zoo located right in Idaho Falls. Its a smaller zoo, but they had great animals like lions, tigers, and bears.....Oh My! The kids loved it and Jessa brought fun masks for everyone to have. Justin realized his mask matched the real zebra's when he saw them, priceless moment right there.
Thompson Grandkids:
Brooklyn, Landon, Eli, Clayton, Hayden, Calvin, Bailee, Justin, Quincy, Ryder, and Boston.
Clay thought he was the coolest kid ever driving the go cart. It would get all muddy zooming in and out of the mud, but especially on the right side because there was no mudflap on that side. More fun for the passenger then huh ;)
I will admit that thing is the bomb to drive!! Can't beat the classic fun of a Go Cart!
Justin, Bailee, Sophie, and Hayden taking out the 4 wheeler.
Back home there are a lot of animals my boys chase after and are mesmerized with. Horses, cows, dogs, cats, Brooklyn's bunny, Landon's snake, Emily's chickens ect. ect.
Justin fell in love with all the dogs. Emily's three dogs. Grandpa Ron's two and Jessa's two little doggies. Cutest thing ever!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Amy said...

Cute pics and what a fun visit. We flew into the Chicago airport and thought of you yesterday!!