Chicago Winters

January 2014 
Here is Clay thinking he is the cool kid wearing no coat for a snowball fight with neighbors.  The neighbor kids kept telling him he was going to freeze and I knew that if he got cold enough he knew where his coat was so I didn't worry too much about it.
 Roman liked making footprints in the snow up and down the driveway.
 This kid would never stop trying to get me!  He landed a few good shots in the hood of my coat that then traveled down my back....whoa was that a cold shocker!


 Illinois winters are brutal and often way too cold to go play much outside.  Even when we ventured out to go sledding the snow was the type downhill skiers and snowboarders love; nice and powdery.  But with our sleds and a meager hill, we got stuck a lot and had to make our own track to go down on, but it was still playing in fun wet stuff and we had some good laughs from it.

No comments: