Cowboy Quilting

Here is the quilt I have been working on. I have to say I enjoyed it and for my first pieced quilt done completely by myself it looks pretty darn good!!!
Here's my blocks that I am moving back and forth to see which way takes to my liking. The process took a little longer than I thought. he he he he
The top quilt all done with two borders and all!! The borders were tricky because I didn't buy separate fabric to make the borders I used what math skills I have left and pieced my extra pieces of fabric together.
Now all I have to do is Batting, Attach backing fabric, Quilt, and then finally bind. Yeah I'll let ya know when I get all THAT DONE!!
I had to add this because it was one of those "That works perfect" moments. I had found this fleece at Joann's at only $3.50/yd!! Add that to a fleece throw I bought at Osco on my discount for only $1.50 and that makes an awesome little blanket. But what is cool is that it matches how I pieced my quilt and all the colors I had picked out perfectly. SWEET!!

If you can tell I added fringe to the top fabric and the store throw I bought had thread stitching around the edge so it made the blanket that much more cowboy style.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty good. Alivia needs a quilt for her bed and I refuse to buy one because I am determined to make her one. That will be my new years goal.
I got to see Emily last nigh and Lacie with her new baby at Bunko. I haven't seen Emily for so long. And your new little neice is so precious.

Candra said...

how cool!! i love the quilt!! good job.

Shylo said...

You rock! I have never attemped a pieced quilt. I don't think I have the patience for it right now, I would love to make each of my kids a quilt so maybe I will have to come to you for pointers.