Finally!!

Since we are FINALLY headed to Arizona for some R & R, Christmas, and New Years ;), I wanted to make sure of a few things.


House cleaned. . . bags with gifts packed (and not to weigh over 50 lbs or suffer a fee). . . go to last minute doctor appointment and confess I am flying this late in my pregnancy he he he . . . get quilt done!!!


I FINALLY have checked all of those things off!!



I am a little bit put off on the fact that pretty much all airlines are now charging for any bags that you check. The fee for our flight is $15 per bag!! That is ridiculous!! Didn't I already pay tons of money for the plane ticket to begin with? I believe that should include the curtsy of 1 checked bag, I mean it is called traveling when we fly right? Any way


I told family and friends that I would post pictures of the baby room when I got done changing things. Most know that I wanted to turn it into a cowboy room equipped with a new wall paper border, baby fleece quilt and my first pieced block quilt.

Various shot of the Baby Room.


I loved the fabrics that I had found and even though it was a learn as you go. . .by my self. . .using old math skills. . .and finding out how much detail there is to binding I am really happy with how it all turned out. One problem I had was how to quilt the blanket. I didn't want to pay someone over $150 to quilt it for me and quilting it by hand trying to stretch over a prego belly wasn't a good option either, so I ended up machine quilting the blanket with my sewing machine. Again, I had to pull math metrics from the brain to make sure that when I used chalk to map out my design I had my numbers right!!

I ended up doing a diamond design for the middle, a single line for the inner border, and parallel lines for the outer border so when they connected on the corners they made a square.


I love how this fleece fabric matches so great with my quilt!! Even the bucking broncos in the tan block match that of the wall paper!!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

I'm super impressed. All that "stitchery talk" has me confused. You quilters and your fancy conversatin'

Seriously though. It looks darling! Have fun on your trip and try to look out the window while you are in labor on the plane so you know what state to put on the birth certificate! Just kidding, you'll be fine. Be safe!

Anna Marks said...

Good Job!! I am excited for you to be in AZ!! Good luck on the plane and coming home safely. We'll miss you.

Dalynne Denhof said...

Wow, the room looks awesome and a big pat on the back to you! Nice work! You are so creative, why don't you send some of that my way :-)
Oh, and have fun on the plane..hehehe, I flew when I was 7 months along w/ Whitney and I had to throw up, but that's b/c I was in one of those backwards facing chairs, yah, not a good idea ;-)

Shylo said...

It looks great. Love the little cowboy boots on the shelf. Hope you get plently of R&R.