CRAP!!!

I was so optimistic about today and things were going so smoothly. I was up and ready with the three boys each filled with some breakfast and headed out the door to exercise class with the ladies in my ward. But the day started to be slightly off from there. First, totally not in shape! After sets of squats, sit-ups, and sprints I was ready for a nice soak in the tub. I have to head straight home to get Clayton on his bus for afternoon Kindergarten, when I see

BLUE >>>RED>>>BLUE>>>RED>>>ANNOYING WHITE>>>BLUE>>>RED>>>

CRAP!! What did I even do I was barely out of the parking lot of the church building and didn't even make it down a whole street!

Apparently I didn't make an complete stop at the stop sign and my rolling through wasn't going to fly with the old lady cop that was kind enough to give me a citation. Not only one but TWO!! Yes TWO TICKETS UGHHH !! My drivers license reflects an old address so I got slapped with the second citation for need of an updated Drivers license. My explanation that I thought I updated the address online and was actually sent an renewal extension sticker for my drivers license to my current address wasn't helping my situation. I was told " No need to get upset, just contest it all at the courthouse on your court date." I was in no way near being hysterical or anything, but that might be a line she uses alot or something when she hands out crazy citations.

To top it off I got the chance to wave at all the ladies who came to exercise class as they passed by. I don't see anyone when I grocery shop or am out and about but of course over 6 people I knew where really glad they weren't me for the moment. I was told to have a nice day...Yeah Right. I head home only to have Clayton ask lots of questions like:
"Why did you get pulled over by cop? Why are you mad? Mom, why are you sad? What does it matter you get a ticket? Mom, do I have a record?"

Not the time to bug your mom with question that you aren't going to understand the answers to anyway right now.

Get home, shower really fast, get lunch for Clay to eat and walk outside in the rain to send him off to kindergarten. I come back inside to look up the DMV and get the needed documents to prove that I do live where I say I live and where my insurance says and my registration form says, all which were not good enough for miss cop. Get directions and drive to Libertyville. I go inside and immediately get wonderful looks my way when I am pushing a stroller and directing Hayden around all the roped off lanes. I laugh to myself thinking, "Ha little do you people know that I actually have three kids and would bring all of them in here if I had too!"

My number is called and I head to counter #3 where a man with an earring at the top of his ear says, "You know you could have updated your address on-line." I kindly say, "I know but I need a whole new license to reflect the right address. What proofs of residency do you need?"
He replies saying "Ehh your checkbook will do"
"That's it? I am all prepared with over 5 different forms of proof of residency and the checkbook is all you need?"
"Yep. But I have down right here that you updated your address May 2007."

WHAT!??!! The DMV shows in their system that I DID in fact update my address and to them that was all I needed to do?! I asked him just to be funny if he could right me a note to give to Miss Cop to prove that the DMV showed my records to be current and up to date. He laughed, and said he still didn't think I needed to get a new license, but I wanted to get a current one just so this situation doesn't happen again. I really wish all the police stations and employees would get all the same files, I mean it is suppose to be issued by Jesse White Secretary of State Right?

Anyway trying to think positive I figure this will be good I have wanted a new picture on my license for a while now. The old picture is of me 6 years ago with long brown hair (trying something new), and looks nothing like me right now. I wheel the stroller around to the cashiers line, pay my five dollar fee and go to "brown chairs" to wait for my name to be called. I sit there giving Hayden fruit snacks for being good and watch people being told to sit, smile, and wait to be called again to pick up their new licenses. I hear my name, walk passed the distorted, scratched mirror to fix any fly away hairs and was handed my new license. WHAT?!? A brand new license all decked out with my old picture shining at me. Crappy---- I don't even get a updated photo, I get to keep the long, brown headed girl smiling back at me to put back in my wallet UGHHHH!!

I really need a pick me up so the McDonald's sign ahead makes me and Hayden both smile. I go to order and the McD's register man asks how's my day is going.

"Great"
"All except this weather, huh?"
"Yeah the weather."

"You're such a liar!" I scream at myself silently because that would look really weird if I was calling myself names out loud! But really why would the McD's register man care if I had a crappy morning and what could he even do to make it better so there is no use trying to go all into details of the mom who got pulled over info. But having the place oddly empty, clean, and newly remodeled was quite soothing. All the green, brown and orange rust colors with a fireplace in the middle was really calming not to mention the fry, Large coke, and fudge sundae I got to melt all the problems away.

This is the first half of my day. Nathan is downtown for his orientation at the University of Chicago which will last all day today and all day tomorrow, I really hope my McDonald's stop will last all day but that is highly doubtful.

6 comments:

Shelby said...

I hate days like that Lacey! I seem to be havin them more then usual haha... school and work and the craziness in between is driving me nuts. But I hear ya. It's definately not fun. I hope that the rest of your day and your week goes well! I hope it goes up hill from here! Love ya!

Dalynne Denhof said...

I so feel for you! when i saw what was happening i wanted to stop and tell the old lady cop to leave my friend alone, and to go pick on some real criminals! in those situations i think, if they only knew me they would be picking on someone else...and where are the cops when they're really needed?? like when crazy maniacs are zooming down the street-they're no where to be found...well i hope your weekend goes better, and if not, just help yourself to some more icecream :) you deserve it!!

Keli said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! That's awesome! I love it!

I mean, really, that sucks pretty bad. At least you got your exercise in, imagine if you hadn't had all those endorphins running through your veins.

Whitney said...

Ugh!!!! So frustrating! I hope everything goes better really soon... I know ice cream makes me feel better!!

Noel said...

you should have cried...oh wait, lady cops don't care bout crying ladies..but fyi, it doesnt work on the guy cops here either...they are freaking mean... i don't know this from experience tho... and the dmv?? don't get me started. i think gary almost got arrested...ok, really only 3 tickets...but still...and they offered to freaking deport me...so consider yourself lucky?? i would have requested a new damn pic after that kind of day... so sorry. you should have come to tina's party. i think there was beer. it could have cheered you up. love ya

Tina said...

ugh! now I know which stop sign I won't coast through tomorrow :o)