Thanksgiving Recap!

What a trip we just had!! Nothing tops going to see family. We headed to our cabin on Henry's Lake in Island Park and had a cozy good time playing tons of card games, XBOX challenges, making and eating tons of goodies and sitting by a nice sometimes overly hot fire. ;) Thanksgiving day was gorgeous with tons of sunshine. My Aunt and Uncle have their own cabin near by and came for the big feast. Loved Aunt Tami's Chocolate Turtles and I had to go get seconds on my turkey just to go along with all the cranberry sauce I piled on that she made YUMMY!! Her kids are so great and such good helpers with everything, it was really good to see them all. I had fun making the little candy turkeys, a project I wanted to do with the kids and I think they had fun making them as well. Everyone had one on their plates as a tasty decor. You can never replace your mom's good cooking and that is for sure when it comes to my mom! She knows how to put on a feast all topped off with homemade rolls, pies, and that big fat Turkey! Thanks for all the hard work mom it was all so great!

We had family photos at the cabin. I didn't get a copy yet of the entire Thompson Clan but I'm sure I will soon enough. I had to post this one of our family just for the funny Pirate Pose Hayden decided to pull!! What a crazy kid! Grandpa Ron and Grandma Mindy bought new clothes for all the grand kids and fancy new cowboys boots too. Clayton and Hayden had tons of fun wearing them to church last week!


Look how gorgeous it was there!! We had just enough snow to enjoy some sledding on the meadow! The boys had a blast and thought it was fun going down so fast! They thought it was really funny when mom and dad went down together and had a mini snowball fight! Hayden loved going on the snowmobile with Grandpa Ron and said I was a pretty good at sledding, thanks Hayden.


We left early in the morning (Like 5 am) Saturday to go down to Provo to visit Nathan's Grandparents. It was so good to see them and just talk for awhile. Our flight was originally a non-stop flight to Chicago but the airline emailed informing us that we now had a lay over in Denver. Umm, no we purchased a nonstop flight it should be a nonstop flight! So upon me complaining during our baggage check we were then put back on a nonstop flight that arrived in Chicago 2 hours earlier! That's much better thank you very much! Sometime you just have to speak up a bit! The holiday season is upon us and we are trying to get it all done. Hope things are going well for each of you and your families and you are enjoying all the magic there is in the Christmas season!!

5 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Miss you already--we had so much fun. I need Clay to come live with me so Eli will stop complaining about how much he misses him! Love the pictures...Em

The Thompsons said...

That looks like so much fun! It makes Kyle and I a little homesick though....your family picture is cute, I love Haydens pirate face, and you look great!

Amy said...

So much fun...we just got home from Island Park...Glad you were able to make the trip!

Kelley Rae said...

What a great trip - glad there was some snow for ya! And way to speak up . . . I would have been a little ticked too with three kids and having to take a lay over.

PS seriously, do you ever take a bad picture?!

Sophie said...

oh i want to go back to that...good thanksgiving can't wait to see you again love you guys <3 Bean