Simple Projects

Here are a few projects I worked on recently. Matching ties for my little men, and a simple skirt. I am currently the 1st counselor in our YW and we had a mother/daughter personal progress night where we helped the YW make a skirt for themselves. It was a great turn out with lots of inactive members and nonmember participating in the activity for the night! Our ward held an "Invitation Sunday" last week and we encouraged the girls to wear their new skirts that they worked on. We, (my good friend Carli aka YW Pres and I) promised the girls that we would make skirts too and wear them on that special Sunday. Invitation Sunday is a day our stake has each ward invite family, friends, and neighbors to come worship with us and see what The Church of Jesus Christ is all about. Our ward also held a potluck afterward which helped with our turn out I'm sure, I mean who doesn't love food!
The tie pattern is from a friend of Carli's which you can find here.Here is the Link that you can find the instructions for the skirt. It is for an Elastic Waist Skirt from Freshly Picked!!
I had my friends Liz and Carli come over to have a sewing day together. It was alot of fun. Us ladies trying to figure out what we are doing, kids running around playing, phone calls, a diaper change, few spills, and a kid picnic on the floor of my kitchen... thats my kind of get together!! We will definetly have to find more projects to do!

What Cute pies!!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

So how about I just have you make me one and send it to me and I'll pay ya!!! :) I'll mess it up!