Garage Sale in the Rain!!

It's official, I have created a garage sale junky! Clayton seriously is mad if we drive to a sale and I can see there is no toys there and suggest that he would have more fun sitting in the car watching Disney DVDS then to come out! Even in the Rain!! After our Friday morning exercise class Kacie(sister-in-law) spots some garage sales on the way home, Clayton says "We have to go Mom I need to look for stuff!" At one place he did in fact find a fun toy, an alligator game where everyone pushes down a tooth to see who the alligator will bite down on, you know which one I'm talking about, anyway it says 75 cents on it so to toughen him up I give him 50 cents and told him to ask the lady if she would take it or not. I know I was feeling mean too but he did it all by himself and was grinning from ear to ear running back with his purchase in hand!! Only 4 and he is haggling all sorts of deals. My Grandpa Ellis would be proud!! he he he he
So did you get the picture me, Kacie looking all gross in sweaty exercise clothes running in the rain with Clayton on our heals in search for our treasure!!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I really like garage sales too! I want to drive down to Barrington early one of these Saturday mornings and get some good stuff. Like the really cute old dresser with a mirror above it and carved legs I painted white for Georgia's room. A little damaged, but it was only $10!! We should go. Happy rummaging!

Keli said...

I have yet to learn the fine art of Garage Saleing. I have never done it. But I'm having one on May 17th with my neighbor. It should be a good way to learn the ins and outs of the haggling process.