I Love Ya MOM

There are definitly times in my little life that I can honestly justify living away from home as a good thing. Not a thing I would perfer at all, but in that fact that I know I am more independant because of it and I have grown as an individual and wife. I pride myself as a very capable person. This is NOT one of those times!! Being that it is in the week of Mother's Day I am missing my mom. I can fill up pages of things that I know she is ONLY capable of doing and wish to high Heaven that I could be right down the street so I could run to her with crazy canning, sewing, gardening, cooking, kids, ya daa ya daa ya ......questions I should already be anwering for myself but can't. Yes, I will blame that partically on the fact that I was a sports crazy stubburn teenager that was really worried whether my softball swing was right to hit that home run or not, or if everything was still in order to keep up with my all A's in High School. Which I will defend as very justifiable things for a teen to take time doing Right?!? I can remember saying "Why would I want to spend money on fabric to make a skirt that I could buy ALREADY DONE for less than $5?" I think all teen aged girls and their mother's butheads a bit and I'm sure I fulfilled my part in that aspect, and at times I think there are things my mom has been disappointed in me about; you know when you see that certain "I'm not so sure about that" look, but I hope she know that she has done alright by me. Oh, course that is my personal opinion so if I need to be brought back to reality about myself please let me know ;)!! Again, I am missing my mom because it is a holiday weekend and there wasn't a holiday or any ridiculous excuse we would make for all the family to get together. What is it about Sunday Dinner at home with fam that makes us all smile? Maybe because we know we are doing the right, and being in the right place for that moment, and that fact that there is free food that we chow on all day helps. I think the bottom line is FAMILY with all it's extended legs of kids, in-laws, cousins, ect, and although we are tons of miles apart and are not present for those always happening parties, we think of our family everyday and do all we can to get back and visit. Thank goodness for the tools we have now such as: phones, internet, van with TV's in them, blogs, so we can keep up to date on all the fun crazy times. I Love You Mom! Thanks for being uniquely you and showing all of our family what happiness is all about and where our priorities should be. Please take a bite of your delicious Roast Beef dinner for me and win at our hand and foot game that I know you'll play on Sunday!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lacey! How fun to see you in blogland. Your post made me cry because I could have written it. I know exactly how you feel being far from home.....especially when the family gets together often! And, how you feel about being far from your mom.....your boys are darling, and if you don't mind, I'd like to link your blog to mine.

Keli said...

So true. What is it about a mom that when she asks "How are you" it instantly brings the tears? But just think, your boys think of you this way. Well, at least their wives will eventually...