AZ Spring Training

Chicago White Sox vs. San Diego Padres Since I played Softball all through High School, (three time all American, and third in state thank you very much he he) I am all for a game of baseball! I will admit it is hard for me to watch any baseball on TV though. Unless a team is in a series, it is slow to watch and with so many games it seems pointless until the season is almost over. Watching a game live is completely different.
Dad treated me to the game which we arrived during the sixth inning (bummer) but we scored some great seats and had a really nice view for the lawn purchase price tickets we had so that was again, SCORE!

Here is dad and me enjoying some $4 malt shake when CRACK a fly ball comes directly at us. Both with spoons in hand we try to catch it but never was able to stand up in time, while the guy seated behind me stretches over dad spilling his slimy beer all over my dad! Drenched his hat and went all down his back! Clumsy beer spiller didn't even get the ball it was another guy two rows up that had stretch forward to snatch the fly ball. Stretch forward, as in right above our heads! If only we weren't scooping up the really good chocolate ice cream into our mouths we would have seen the ball hit and could have stood up to get it, but no such luck even with all that beer spilt over us. Still if was fun just to be that close to the action!! Thanks Dad for a great afternoon!!! Oh, and the Padres ended up winning the game.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Lacey I had no idea that you played softball in high school! Me too! Ah! I love softball and I love baseball! :D hehe! Sounds like loads of fun!

Candra said...

your whole arizona vaction looks like it was a great time! thanks for sharing pics!! :)