Not my Justin

This is so not my Justin!!! For the first couple of days on our trip Justin was a bit cranky and a HUGE mommas boy. He started to act shy with things that normally make him smile and wanted me to hold him a lot when normally he wants down to crawl around and play. At first I thought he needed to catch up on some sleep since he only had 1 to 2 hours worth of sleep for the whole ten hour drive down, but as he became more cranky and uncomfortable I could tell something was up and I had a big hunch it was an ear infection. look at cute Ryder he doesn't even know what to say to that crazy boy next to him!

Justin loves the water and doesn't care if he gets splash ever, so again this crying thing on my shoulder in the warm pool, Not My Justin.


I ended up taking him to an immediate care that was ridiculously slow!! Four hours it took, two of which were in the room they take you to and say "The doctor will be right in" Really?? When next week?? The room was so small that they used the side corner to counter top making a little desk to set things on. Justin is crying and I have gone through my whole purse worth of crackers, cheerios, toys, and pointing out every poster they had in that room. I was irritated, Justin was obviously irritated and still no doctor.
When Mr. not qualified enough to get a real job at a hospital walks in, he takes one ...ONE look at Justin and says "He has a disease." Excuse me, 20 seconds in the room and you are trying to diagnose my child with a disease verdict! CRAZY!! I was way more than irritated now. "Yeah see how red his checks are? He has fifths disease." At which point he gets out his i Pod and does a quick search to show me pictures of the claimed disease. These pictures are huge rashes with open sores on the child face, so not even close to what Justin's cheeks were. I said "No, he doesn't feel good and has been rubbing against my shoulder for the past two hours in this room." The Dr. would not drop it and went into explaining that it is viral which is not treatable by medications and a lot of parents make the mistake of giving their child cold medicine under the age of 2 as he gave me a look questioning whether I have given Justin some cold medicine.
That was it, I responded saying, "Justin has never received any cold medicine, only infants Tylenol and you have said that things that are viral are not treatable by medicine and need to take their course, so what I am concerned with are the things that are bacterial borne and can be treated by medication mainly for his ear infection I have no doubt that he has. Medication so my son can start to feel better."
At this the Dr. finally looks into Justin's ears and does confirm he has two ear infections one quite red. Oh really, Doc? You don't say!!!!
What a nightmare but Justin got his medicine and by the next day I got my Justin back!!

Here is my Justin all happy and smiling again!! Oh and so disease free! What a joke.

6 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh my gosh!!! Way to go Mom! I think some doctor's need to be told where to go and I'm glad you did it! Mommy's know their little ones much better than doctor's do. I'm glad he's doing better, poor thing!

Shelby said...

Aren't doctors so stupid sometimes!? haha I'm glad he's feeling tons better! :D

Amy said...

What a moron!!! SO sorry. Glad he is feeling better. I think we went to that same place with Ella and they sent us away with nothing...

Dalynne Denhof said...

way to stick to your guns! docs can underestimate a mother's intuition. i'm glad he finally listened and Justin got the medication he needed, what a trooper!! glad you guys had a great vaca, looks like a ton of fun Ü

Candra said...

what a sad story!! poor justin. well im glad you didnt listen to that dr. he sounds like an idiot. but im glad hes feeling so much better!

Kell said...

THAT is just CRAZY!!! I would have been fuming! Moms just know! Glad he's doing better!