Silk Dyed Easter Eggs

We have done a lot of dyed eggs lately. It is just so fun to do and there is so much yummy stuff to make with hard boiled eggs, or just eat them plain is just as good! I had to share how fun it was to do these Silk Dyed Easter Eggs. I recently came back from Arizona where I found three 100% silk ties at some estate sales! The ties are what you use to create some unbelievable eggs. Just look what they made!
I dyed these with my Young Women Mia Maid class and we were a little anxious to see how they turned out and probably needed give them more time so they are a little light colored but still look amazing! The printable instructions and more examples of these decorative eggs can be found here.
I don't have the pictures of them but our other favorite kinds of dye are: the Tie dye, Marble, and a shiny foil effect you can apply to the colored eggs. These are all from boxes found at any store. So much Fun

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Those are awesome eggs! Definately different from regular dyed eggs and I love them!

Kell said...

We did this last year...they turned out so great! Love yours! Bet the kids had fun!