Sew Lately? Yes I have.

I was getting really tired of twisting and pulling back my vertical blinds, and I still had left over fabric from when I made this curtain and after doing alot of measuring and making sure I had my marks right before cutting I made this new pull back curtain. The dark fabric works great at keeping the heat out of the house. I like the look of curtains alot better than vinyl blinds. I quite enjoyed taking down the old icky blinds, using the power drill, filling in old holes in the wall, making them new again with matching paint, and putting up my new curtain rod. When its all done you can say AHHHHH much better.
I have enjoyed sewing lately, when I have the time and a project I believe I can accomplish. Since I am no seamstress and could easily mess up the fabric I am using, I tend to buy fabric when it is on a sweet deal (meaning cheap) and then figure out what sort of project I want to do with it. The fabric below was $1 a yard and they looked fun, so I called my friend Kelly who CAN be called a seamstress over for a sew your own apron/kid play date afternoon. Going through the steps of sewing is so much easier with someone else there you can turn to and say "Um, did I do that right?" when the answer is YES it's a good little moment!

And again talented Kelly hosts a DIY class for our ward and we were taught how to make these cute buttercup bags
They were really fun to make and I can check off being able to do ruffles and pleats correctly thanks to Kelly!!

5 comments:

Whitney said...

I wish you were closer so you could teach me... you're so creative! I want to learn how to sew so I can fix things and make things. We can't find any bedding that will fit Everett's toddler bed because it is an odd size and I would love to be able to make some for him.

Anna Marks said...

I want to take a class from Kelly, I can't do pleats!! Those are so cute Lacey, you are a talented woman, miss you.

Anonymous said...

Oh those are cute! If you are having fun sewing I found this fun new blog that has fun easy stuff to make! It is http://www.makeit-loveit.com/ I think you would like it.

Kelley Rae said...

The curtains look great!! Can't wait to see them in person. You're so awesome!

Brooklyn said...

Wow sister! Love it all. Wish we could sew together. Em