Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving 2012
I love being surrounded by family and friends on Thanksgiving!  It is a time to enjoy each other, eat scrumptious food, and be grateful for the all the many blessing we each have in our lives.  Although it is not possible to be with all our family on both sides at the same time, we are so thankful for the special time with get to celebrate with each of our parents and siblings during different holidays.  All the kids had so much fun together!  I couldn't help but smile every time I heard them planning their next adventure; exploring the farm grounds, the barns, and tree houses. 





The kids table!  And half the kids aren't even seated yet!  Here is my gorgeous older sister Emily, holding Roman!  We talk usually weekly on the phone and I am grateful to talk about kids, life, a new recipe, or just bounce ideas off each other.  It's not the same as being there together but it makes it easier living away to still connect.
 This is my mom's dining/gathering room.  Two additional tables aren't even being shown in this picture, either is my MOM!!  She is so busy making melt in your mouth dishes, and thinking about everyone else I hardly can get her to stop and snap her picture!  I will have to talk to her about that one ;)  My Mom is always making sure everyone is having a good time.  There is always a game, contest, or new learning skill being done to keep people entertained and enjoying time well spent.  I am thankful for a loving Mom that leads by example of serving others with love, and does what our prophet has counseled and
Enjoys the Little Things
It is such a satisfying feeling being in the house I grew up in.  Time has passed and I have my own home and family now, but my parents house is still a home for me.  There is love in this home.   I feel refreshed every time I stand on the porch and look out across the horse pasture towards the river bottoms that hold the Snake River behind them.  Memories always come back to me on visits, and having few and far between each visit I savory these moments.







Pies, Cakes, and Deserts... Oh My!








Here is my Dad and cute Bailey, my Brother Max's daughter.  Love her, she has a lot of spunk!

 Little Sis Jessa and her hubby Trent!  They look like they have twins hold my Roman and their sweet little Juliet!  Juliet is 5 days older than Roman.  It's fun to have cousins close in age and I know these two will be best buds growing up!  Maybe even help each other out and set up dates from the friends they know Ha ha ha I certainly can wait for all that!
All the grand kids flock to my Dad!  He's the tough cowboy who can teach you new exciting tricks and has a horse to throw you up on.  He makes sure each one feels special and plays kidding games with all of them.  Laughter and full on giggles are what you are in for when you start to mess with my Dad!

My Mom planned family pictures for everyone to be taken at Hymas Studio in Idaho Falls.  Here is Roman looking all dapper in his outfit she bought for him!!  Happy Thanskgiving!

No comments: