Sophie's Wedding

Adam and Sophie Rose 
were married in the Idaho Falls Temple
Friday April 18th, 2014
 I went up, up, and away from my boys to attend my sister Sophie's wedding.  It was so strange going through the airport without four boys to worry about.  I didn't have to move my kids along the lines, take anyone else's shoes/jackets/backpacks/blankets/stroller off  and placed in bins to be scanned at the security check points, worry if we were all seated next to each other on the plane, or keep them all entertained during the 3+ hour flight.  It was just me, and subway sandwich and a good book to enjoy up in the clouds.  It was heaven......and it was not.   I wished my boys and Nathan could have been there.  I would have gone through all of that and more to have them coming with me.  But this trip was for Sophie and her special day and I couldn't find tickets for all of us to be there for her with the time frame we had been given.  But at least I could go and without my boys I was able to help out a lot more at the reception and all that goes into making a girls wedding day spectacular!
Sophie looked gorgeous!
 My mom put together the most fabulous reception!  With my recipe of ham and cheese sliders, fruits, vegetables, lemon berry pound cake dessert, fresh lemonade, and a collection of candy treats.  It was a rusty chic wedding with burlap,  twill hanging from the ceiling, tree trunk accents, lots of real live trees and small bushes, vases filled with tree branches, hydrangeas, red roses and dark twigs accenting the top.  The food table had battery opt candles, lamps, moss, and twigs that was the back drop to all the yummy food.
 

 


Adam is an active Marine and wore his full uniform for the wedding reception.
 
The Sister Shot!! 
 Emily, Jessa, Our Mom Mindy, The Beautiful Bride Sophie, Me and our sister-in-law Lacie!
Bunch of Gorgeous Gals right there!!


I also got to have a little fun the day after Sophie's big day, before I had to head on home!  My brother Max and Brother-in-law Trent and sister Jessa, are awesome at target shooting using bows.  They have their own personal equipment and let me have a go at it, which I loved!!  Jessa's purple bow totally rocks and I got all giddy with all my shots that were all grouped together (which I was told was a good thing) and close to the target! My Bro Max was even showing off his mad skills while seated in a camping chair!  Add a family bonfire and some rides on a motorcycle and you have  the makings of a great night of fun!
 

Had a spectacular view for the night as well!!
 


Back to reality and on the plane back home, but this one had a crazy twist to it....

Instagram post I did:

Literally in the clouds happy today!! It's a beautiful Easter Sunday... I'm heading home to my 4boys and hubby...I started out sitting in a good seat with the miracle of no one seating next to me, but THEN was asked if I didn't minding moving into first class seat 3A to help the balance the plane better.  I didn't pay attention to the seat number the flight attendant told me, I was slightly still focused on leaving the good seat I had when she directed me to my new seat in FIRST CLASS! Hot towel? Why yes please. Choice of meal? Chicken salad sounds delish thank you! I feel a bit pampered right now!! I even got some reading time in and minutes of shut eye with my free little airline blankie! It's a good day!! #pampered #wontlieitwasreallynice #wherehasfirstclassbeenallmylife #justluckytodayiguess



No comments: