Hair Drama

Having what is called a "Dirty Blond" hair color I have had my share of hair drama. I like to dye it blond for the summer and maybe tone it down a little for the winter with darker hair with blond highlights. Hair tends to do alot of weird things to a gal at times though. I am very familiar with hair turning a bright orange or florescent yellow which is looks way to trashy looking. Hair dyes that have worked just fine before each of my kids have turned against me. I don't fall apart and think the world is over when after I dry all my hair dyed out hair and the wet look is gone but the orange is not. I have been here before!! So choices are: tough it out and wear a crazy hair do, get another dye and damage my hair more, or just cut the dang thing. I did all three of these!
I wore it around for awhile making fun of myself with friends or if I couldn't stand looking at it a ball cap does wonders for self esteem. Then it got to me and I picked up a different color that is "suppose" to turn the color darker and take brassiness away. It toned the orange down a little, and made the too much blond ends gray!! This would be because of the medium ash blond that I used; again was my friend before and worked fine. NOT any more or maybe not right after a bad dye to begin with huh. Notice the orange and then the grandma ends!! the horror !! he he

Not a terrible fix and I wore that around for a day and I am sure Nathan was burnt out with me asking if it looks real bad and why does my hair do this. He is a good support to me and can laugh right with me about it all. After telling me to do what ever makes me happy and can fix my hair problem I decide to just chop it off!! Even though Nate said to go get whatever I need done at a salon I can't bring myself to spend those crazy rates they charge to do any type of dying so an easy fix is cutting. It was sad to see the long hair go when it takes time to get it that way, but hair grows back and it feels healthier to me. And it doesn't hurt to change things up with a sassy short cut either!!

11 comments:

Anna Marks said...

Wow!! It looks so cute! That inspires me to do mine! ;-)

Kell said...

Okay...I can totally relate with all the hair drama...matter of fact, I just got mine cut short to "deal" with it too. I was sad to see the long go, but your "short-cut" is way cute! Love it!

Dalynne Denhof said...

Oh man, have I been there, done that :) You may remember the many colors I've adorned in the past 2 years...black, brown, platinum, orangish blonde... It's all good! Hair does grow back, roots come back, and if anything, it brought you another funny adventure. I can relate to your spontaneity, need for a change; and I love it! You go girl!

Whitney said...

That is the exact look I've been looking for... I only hope mine looks as gorgeous and sassy as yours!!!

Kelley Rae said...

Love the new do!! It looks great!

Keli said...

I love it! It looks so cute! Now you are really a hot momma! Good choice.

Jessie said...

Oh, my goodness! That look SO suites you! It is adorable! So sassy and hip! You look great. Can't wait to see it in person.

Shylo said...

Cute and Sassy for sure but you forgot HOT, HOT, HOT! :) I think you look great, not that you didn't before.

Sophie said...

You look soo AWESOME!! your a hot babe!!! lol i think it looks good and by the way when you get old don't go gray its not for you lol :)

Rebecca said...

I'm having the same hair drama as you did. Orange roots and gray ends:( You look absolutly adorable with short hair.

Kacie Collymore said...

Whatever the reason was (cough, cough)...the short due is soooo cute on you! Great for the hot summer too!