Yes Laundry!!

You know what they mean when they say "He's a love sick puppy"? Well I have a Laundry Sick Puppy and his name is HAYDEN. Hayden has created a love for watching the laundry machine run and with no hesitation try to fill it to maximum capacity. I have found him completely naked in the laundry room putting what ever clothes he can find into the washer. One conversation has gone like this:





ME: Hayden no more laundry it is too full
H: But mom laundry says 'I hungry'
ME: No he's not saying 'I'm hungry' he's say 'Ouch my belly full' no more clothes in the washer OK?
H: OK mom


I leave to go help Justin, only to notice that it is really quite and know something is up so I go into the laundry room and see an overloaded washer and a very guilty looking boy. My UH OH radar goes off when the washer starts making some weird sounds. I have to unload the entire washer into the sink and everything is soaking wet making it all heavy. The washer was a full load of kids clothes before Hayden got to it, but he felt that four more towels, a sweatshirt, his entire drawer full of undies and rolled up socks needed to be added to the load. After emptying all the clothes, the total amount could make four separate loads!!


ME: (holding a baby clothes outfit) HAYDEN NO MORE CLOTHES!! You will break our machine and then how will we wash our clothes? NO MORE!
H: He said "I hungry"
ME: No. no more OK
H: OK (looking at the baby outfit in my hand) Is that dirty?


AHHGHHHH but I have to laugh. He is so adamant about it. A little OCD about it at times I think! Especially when he feel like it is a punishment to not be allowed to watch the laundry machine work it's magic.


I had to draw a line and tell him he can't do laundry if he was naked because he would strip his entire outfit off if it had the slightest bit of dirt. I actually had to pry his hands off the side of the machine and help him get dressed. I have left a clean basket of clothes out and it ended up being thrown into the washer by Hayden mixed with dirty clothes so I had to do the whole load again. I think I might have to lock my laundry door to keep Hayden out!! CRAZY KID!!


*Also*

I have to add that my very active boy Hayden has yet another bruise on his head!! I swear that kid can't stop, he has so much energy and think he can do everything and climb everything and his head is paying for it!! This picture doesn't even show yet another bump he got today on his chin. I just look at him and my face hurts. Poor kid, I try to give him extra loves because of his whole hurt head but he can't sit still enough for even a get better hug!!



4 comments:

Brock and Kristina said...

Oh my word! That has to be one of the funniest kid obsessions I have ever heard of. That is hilarious! Don't discourage him too much...he will probably make some girl very happy someday! (well, only if he learns how to do it right!)

Shylo said...

Cute pictures...I wish my kids even had a desire to help with the laundry. If only he could figure out how to know when the washer is full!

The Allens said...

So funny! Kids get obsessed with the funniest things. Hopefully he still likes doing laundry when he's older...then you can use it to your advantage.

Dalynne Denhof said...

LOL! Ryan is my laundry helper as well :) He's been such a good helper to put the just cleaned clothes back in the washer and filled to over-capacity. But you handle it well and laugh about it...now if only he can figure out how to be bruise free!