Justin's Blessing Day

Last Sunday was the day we gave Justin his baby blessing. My parents were both able to come and they brought my little sister Sophie as well. My other siblings (Emily, Max, and Jessa) all gave us calls and congratulated us over the phone. Nathan did a great job on the blessing and it was great to have both our fathers take part in the blessing. I am so thankful to family and friends that show their support and love to our family. Even those who could not attend the actual blessing, their comments, calls, or congratulations meant alot to me. We all can't do everything or be everywhere, but it goes a long way and says alot when a person recognizes something in your life that is important and they let you know that they care. We went home and had a really nice ham and potato dinner with all the fixings! My parents and Sophie were here for less than a week but it always brightens me up to spend time with them. We watch some good movies, played cards, attempted to do get high scores on the WII games all the while eating and laughing at each other. Clayton is really into hot wheels and every morning he would hound dad up to race cars down his race track. He was relentless at times and I had to pull him aside and explain to him that you do bug people when they are in the bathroom taking showers or trying to get ready for the day. I said "You need to be patient, what does being patient mean?" Clay answered "Ahhhhh I have to wait" all sad like.
Sophie all serious he he he

5 comments:

Dalynne Denhof said...

That was so nice your parents could come out from ID, and have both sets for Justin's special day! Baby blessings are the best!

Keli said...

I'm sad I missed the blessing. I didn't want to tempt lice fate. I was still a little freaked out. How cool that your fam could come! That's awesome! We need to get together one of these nights. Desserts at Chili's.

Unknown said...

Congrats! What a sweetie. Hope you are having so much fun. We miss you guys!! Hi from Alec and Ella!

Candra said...

look how handsome those little boys of yours are!! and thats so great your family came out for that special day.

Sophie said...

Hey i wasn't that serios LOL i was jet logged hee hee ha ha :) plus i was totally SYCKED to be at your guy's house but i kept it inside that how good of a person i am if i hadn't it would have been a BOMB! going off.
XOXOXO LOVE YA