Thanks DAD

It is very hard to sit here and think of the perfect way to describe my Dad and the things he has done for me. If I were to put it in list form it definitely be WAY TOO LONG and if it was put into a poem my Dad would probably be too embarrassed and think that I was cheesy, beside that fact that I can't write poems. So in a way I can express that MY DAD IS THE BEST here goes.



Dad is all about family and does what ever he can in his power to make sure everyone has a good time and get to experience new things. There are countless trips that we went on and still do with our family. There was always some fun exhibit or adventure that Dad made sure we had our turn experiencing. He is a very generous, caring person and doesn't think he is too important to help out watching kids or doing the little things in life. He always sees the best and bright sides of any giving situation and will point out little facts about nature or trivia to all his grand kids and they all marvel at his knowledge and abilities.





Having both sides of my extended family live within ten minutes of each we were very fortunate to get together on numerous occasions. But since we did get together so often there would be times when us bratty kids or stubborn teenagers would be sulking being consumed in our own self pity to be very good host to family that came by. Bad manners were something Dad wouldn't let slide. I can hear him say "Buck up, get over yourself and be part of the family!" And of course making sure to make our own statement we would drag our feet and act so put upon by being talked to. But in reality when we did "Get over ourselves" we always had a great time, and who wouldn't want to spend time with all of my family, they are awesome. I blame those times on again bratty kids and stubborn teenage years.



My dad is the hardest worker I know. Being a farmer and rancher he is one of those manly men who do tons of physical work and has to fight against weather all the time. Some of his contenders have been: Raging wind, Snow storms, freezing temps, rain/dust storms, flooding, draught, hail and many other crazy Idaho weather schemes that come his way. But still he wakes up with the sun, whistling down the hall and making the most of his day. A favorite memory of him is when he would come running in my bedroom, jump on top of me and say "Rise and shine, it's time to get up" and this is after he has already been outside and is done feeding all the cattle and checked water. He has shown me the value of good hard work and to put yourself to the task no matter what the circumstances are.


DAD is very conscience of the people around him and their needs. In the winter time when all the snow is drifted over the road and kids have the day out of school he is in his tractor plowing out driveways of everyone on his road and many more people in the ward. He has giving much of his own time and resources to help family and those in need and it is usually done by some sort of manually labor on his part.


My Dad has taught me to put yourself aside and do things for others. He is always in the service of others and many look to him for council and guidance. I am always reminded of him when I sing "Put your shoulder to the wheel push along."


Thanks Dad for your great example and doing the things that count in life. I love you and hope I can make you as proud of me and my family as I am to be your daughter!! Love your Lacey Fay

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Hey Lacey, I don't know if I have ever commented on your blog yet. I have peeked a couple of times. Your boys are so adorable. They like like so much fun.