Mickey Mouse Day

Today was a day full of projects to do at home. 50+ invitations to make, wood floors to be cleaned and polished, and the glamorous job of laundry and dishes. So to make our day a little more fun, my boys and I decided to make it a Mickey Mouse Day! This is more for Hayden. He loves watching the classic Mickey toons and I will completely admit I do too! I love all the Disney Movies and try to collect them more for myself then for my boys which explains why we have Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, and other girly Disney DVDs.

It was fun to see Clayton get into our themed day to. Clay is all about the Super Heroes!! Superman, Spider man, Batman, Flash,Iron Man, Star Wars, Transformers, basically any overly tough good guy, except for Thor. Clayton says "I don't really like him, His hair is too long and that's too much like a girl!" I can't really argue with that!



Activities for the day:

1. Sing and dance silly with Mickey Mouse CD. The boys are hilarious dancing, they do little posses and everything right along with the music.

2. Pancakes for lunch, shaped like Mickey/Snowmen. Clay liked cutting Mickey up into pieces. I think that was the best mickey pancake I have ever done!
3. Mickey DVDs and Story books before nap time.

We had a fun morning and afternoon. I was glad it was Mickey today, because I played Captain Fay last week ordering my little buccaneers around to search for hidden treasure, warning them to be nice or I would make them walk the plank. I was too good of a actor and lost my voice! Too many Arrghs ya matey I guess! ;)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You are such a fun mom!

The Allens said...

I'm glad you found our blog! It's fun to see what everyone from high school is doing now. Your family is so cute! Wow, Chicago...what are you there for? You are a fun mom. I need to try some theme days with my kids.