TORNADO WARNINGS!!

Picture this:

Me waking up at 1:00 am , looking out my bathroom window in the dark and listening to the raging wind outside. Straining to see if my flower pots and patio set were still intact. Watching all the flashes of lightning and being really surprised when I barely count to one before I hear thunder. Then...

"Hey?"

I seriously jumped and practically started panic breathing as I turned to see Nate. He was dead asleep when I woke up. He has some crazy power of scaring people even when its not intentional. You never hear any footsteps or the door being pushed open or anything just an quiet eerie "Hey?"

Nate thinks I'm the one who is crazy. He said "Settle down, honestly who else would it be?"

After the initial surprise shock wears away Nate and I both hear the emergency sirens going off outside. This we are not surprised at because the wind is really blowing outside, and we head to the basement. With Clayton and Hayden still asleep in our arms we get to our basement and turn the Weather Channel on. Severe Thunderstorm warning and a Tornado warning are in effect. There is a big difference between Watches and WARNINGS. WARNING meaning an actually tornado has been spotted in our county. The warnings lasts for the next two hours and I made our queen air mattress up for the boys to go back to sleep on.

No, we had no damage well, except for my back trying to sleep all night downstairs with two boys who tend to sleep spread eagle style with breathing problems (loud separate snoring). After the warnings were over Nathan went back upstairs, but I didn't want to move the boys and have them waking up scared because they were in the dark basement and wouldn't remember getting there, hence the night on the air mattress with them. The two of them at the top of the bed and me curled in a ball on the other end. Please no more WARNINGS for us!!


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

So scary Lacey! I'm glad nothing serious happened. Your boys look so cute.