Brookfield Zoo

I absolutely LOVE zoos!! Jessa and I, along with our crew of boys, arrived at the Brookfield Zoo at 10 AM and didn't leave until after 6PM and mainly because that was their closing time. We were one of the last out of the park!
I was able to get us all in for free by using 2 free tickets from my library, and 2 tickets given to me when I purchased over $15 worth of Coca-Cola products during a promotion at Meijer. How easy is that, by pop and get zoo tickets, NICE!! We also saved a bundle by packing our own lunches, snacks, and drinks. I love that we were able to bring food into the zoo, usually it's not allowed in most zoos, but having that option made us enjoy the day even more by not stressing over what small, totally overpriced food item we would have had to purchase and share.
The only sad part of the day is that we missed the penguins and other sea creatures in the "Living Coast" exhibit that had closed before we got the chance to go in. But Justin loved his new friends he found close by.

The animals here are just amazing!! The zoo has separate exhibits for many animals and you are able to get such a good look at all of them!! "The Great Bear Exhibit" was just that GREAT!



I love Elephants, Justin does too. He makes his own elephant trumpet sound and raised his arm like it's his trunk!! SO CUTE!

MY own little monkey!


The money we did spend on seeing the optional Dolphin Show was SO WORTH IT!! It cost only $4 for adults and $2 for kids. Each trick the dolphins did everyone in our group would say "WHOA AAAHHHH" We had a real treat seeing the dolphins swim right by us over, and over, again, in the underwater viewing location as well.


Another bargain steal I found were these disposable cameras I bought for $1 each in the "Big Tent Sale". We saw the same cameras at another store in the zoo and they wanted $15 for 1!!!! Both Clayton Hayden had such a good time with these that I went back and bought them another, so each boy went through 2 cameras each. I still need to get them developed and I can't wait to see what crazy, unfocused, random pictures they took. Clayton is really into taking pictures lately and has asked for a camera for his birthday, which isn't until December. Although, I have to say he has taken some good pictures of me and Jessa with my camera, so we will see.

The monkey exhibit was huge and the best I have seen.

Such a good spot for everyone to take a photo at.

Another fun thing that Jessa and I did while at the zoo was trying to find random objects that look like letters. We wanted letters that could spell out our last name, and our kids names too. I am sure there were plenty of people thinking we were crazy when we would stop and take a picture of the carousel animals, a park bench, or fence post, but it was so much fun. Even after we left I kept finding letter shapes in objects the whole drive home.These letters were found for my last name C O T T R E L L . I would like to print them out separately and put them in a nice frame with a white matte to bring out all the contrast in each photo.
I really like how J U S T I N 's turned out. They all need to be in a row, but you get the picture.
It was fun going there with Jessa and seeing Ryder and the other boys react to all the animals. Anyone else want to come visit so I have an excuse to go to the zoo again?? FUN FUN FUN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelley Rae said...

I love the idea of speling out your name - they look great! We're so sad we missed the dolphins, they were gone all of last year and bot back in time this year before we left. Bummer! Glad you had such a fun time though!