Updates

My Lil Sister is in town!!! Jessa and her son Ryder are staying with us for a whole 10 days, and I have the time jam packed with fun!! More on all our adventures to come but for now a few updates.
Justin is doing much better. The pediatrician at his last appointment said 6 more days of breathing treatments every six hours at first and then every eight hours toward the end on the week and he will be good to go!!! He has tons more energy and is back to my Justin again.

Last Friday Clayton was able to get his cast off!! He was a little nervous about the saw but the nurse showed him that it doesn't cut your skin at all by placing the saw right on her arm and turned it on. Clay thought that was pretty cool and had no problems after that, except for a few suprised faces when a cut went all the way through the cast.

Once the cast was completely off, I watched Clay's face as he tested out his arm and he had the look of complete alarm! He thought it would be exactly the same with no side effects of a cast and I had to explain to him how his arm would be weak and still tender at first but that it will become stronger the more he uses it. After the explanation he was still a bit worried and was glad they had a brace for him to put on for a while. The doctor was very happy with Clay's arm and the amount of strength he actually did have in it. Clay will wear the brace until he is more comfortable with no pain in the arm and he gains more strength and then he is good to go!

1 comment:

The Patterson's said...

I love how you are taking pics of Clay getting his cast off like you're the paparazzi. You crack me up. I wonder what Shelly thought. I never think to bring my camera for things like that but Clay's face is priceless. So glad to see everyone doing better. Miss ya guys. Hope to see you soon.