Jessa Lou to Chicago

Jessa Lou came to Chicago for a whole 10 day visit!! And not only did she bring my adorable nephew Ryder she came bearing gifts from family members for my birthday!! And some gifts for my boys from their Grandma Mindy and Grandpa Ron.
I really enjoyed my birthday. Not so much of the actual day of it because it was filled running errands and going to an important mutual activity for the night, but that whole week. Nate gave me some extra fun money to go play with Jessa and surprised me with a dozen roses when he came home from work on that July 27th. My great taste in everything Mom supplied me with new shirts for the WEEK, with matching shoes and head bands. Jessa, Emily, and my Grandma Barbara with their thoughtful and very useful gifts. My great mother-in-law Diana sent me a new cookbook I can't wait to try "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" and a few days later had shipped a box filled with a blanket I had my eye on for sometime waiting for it to go on clearance, but she must know me to have sent the exact one I was wanting all along with "lunch" money that I was able to use with Jessa to get both Diana and I's favorite chicken chopped salad at Portillo's and a slice of chocolate cake.To be able to party with my sister all week was just a blast. We kept ourselves busy everyday that Jessa was here. Even on days where we didn't have something big scheduled like the Brookfield Zoo (more to come on that later) we filled our days visiting the Volo bog, having our own photo shoot, and the streets of Long Grove.
I made sure that Jessa had a taste of the Chocolate Covered Strawberries made daily at the Long Grove Confectionery store. yummmmy
It is always so good to be with family in person and have outings together. I miss them. I miss daily interactions with all my family, so when we can get together I savor every minute of it. A Big thanks to Trent Jessa's hubby for holding down the fort back home so Jessa could come. He must have missed her because he put in a new tub and did custom tile work for their master bathroom to surprise her with! To Cool Trent. Now you can come to Chicago yourself and do my bathrooms! he he he

2 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! Happy b day Lace

Kelley Rae said...

It's so fun to have family in town, and looks like you had a blast. Happy late birthday too!! I am such a lame friend, it's only been like 3 weeks ;) Love ya!