California Wedding Bliss July 2013

One of the main reasons we took our long road trip to Idaho was that after enjoying some time there we could get back into a minivan and drive to California for a Ellis Family Reunion at Newport Beach, and my cousin Lindsay's Wedding!!  Driving from Chicago to Idaho is just shy of a 24 hour drive, and driving from Idaho to California  was another 15 hours.  I will be honest though, I don't mind it.  Yes, its long and I have four boys traveling with me, but they are really good travelers.  We have books, movies, snacks, games, and they are just as excited as I am to be on our way to a vacation to see family.  Being on a road trip with family makes for a fun adventure.  Each gas station stop promises new fattening treats and carbonated beverages to indulge on while we tackle the miles ahead.  Treat of choice usually is some kind of chocolate, salt and vinegar chips, and either a Dr. Pepper or  Vanilla Coke yummmmm. We did have some healthy snack too of course.  You can only take so much sweets, then an apple or banana can just hit the spot! Before we left Chicago I drove down towards Nauvoo to pick up my mom who had rode along with my sister Emily's family to visit her in-laws there enjoy the sites of Nauvoo.  I loved having my mom as a co captain, chatting, telling stories, and catching up.  I don't get much one on one time with her since I live away, so again I didn't mind the long drive we took on together at all.  Once we had some fun in Idaho, we packed up the minivans again and headed out toward the coast.  Road trips are a blast when there is more than one car in your group.  Making for destination bets and our license plate game challenge!!  It's fun to get a "hardy hardy ha ha" text that someone found Alaska and  they say "Beat that" at you and you start acting like you have hawk eyes every time we pass moving vehicles!!  Some serious stuff I tell ya!

Here is a a great picture of my Aunt Gail and Uncle Joe Ham's family for their daughter Lindsay's wedding.  Lindsay looked gorgeous, as well as the rest of the family group, but she takes the cake for this event for sure!  She was after all the lovely BRIDE!!
My Aunt Gail knows how to throw a classy party!  The reception was fabulous and the food there was to die for!  She worked so hard making custom slip covers and benches, boxed flower beds with lighting, a dance floor,  and the beautiful arrangements everywhere.  I know there were a lot of people who put in loads of help making sure the night was going to be a  memorable one! I think we might have been the only people who came with all our kiddos atached but we were welcomed and we all had a good time! 


 "This is so good!" Landon and Clayton were saying to each other!
 Oh the joy I get from this picture!!  Our mangy group to a T! Such energy, character, attitude, spunk, and cuteness all rolled into one shot!  Pure Happiness for Life! 
 Just a row of handsome, white shirt and tie studs!!
 I loved this picture, but am sad we didn't get Sophie in on it!!  She no doubt was helping one of us with our own children when we were all posing! Maybe little Lincoln since he is MIA from Lacie's arms!  HA HA  Sophie is such a great Aunt, and all my parents grandkids absolutely love her!  Also  do you notice the views from my Aunt's house?  Stunning!  It was a perfect night for the reception!
 Pictured here is Jessa's hubby Trent, My Grandma Barbara, Mom with little Lincoln, Aunt Joni, Aunt Becky and Lacie!  They are all laughing and checking out the twirls Joni's girl Annie is doing on the dance floor.

No comments: