Fishing on the Snake River

Fishing Trip with Grandpa Ron 7-2013
 It was a beautiful morning the day Clay and I got to go fishing with my dad and one of his fishing buds.  We went fishing on the Snake River, which wound around to some the of river bottoms and land that is owned by Thompson Farms.  I liked seeing the places that we have had bonfires at and get togethers from a boat view!  I started pointing out wildlife to Clay as we buzzed by.  We saw beavers, cranes, an eagles nest, and much more but we were here for the fish!
My dad set us up with some nice copper lures and we perfected our casts.  The two fishing buds knew some good blue holes to go fish at and you could see the fish in the water.  Pretty rainbow trout, with a few suckers around, but isn't that how it always is!  They all were in a biting mood though!
 The fish sure took to Clay and my Dad.  Clay caught four fish total.  Two throw backs and two nice big keepers, one which was the biggest of the day weighing over 4 pounds!!  My day  pulled out six fish and his friend got two nice ones as well.  Me....I skunked out for the day!  Had lots of bites but nothing big enough to snag the fish with.  I think everyone felt bad for me and kept switching me poles with one that just caught a fish, but then they would take that bad pole and BAM another fish caught!  I didn't mind that much since I have caught my share of fish before, but I was extremely happy Clay had done so well!  He had a blast!  He loved being on the boat and having his Grandpa Ron show him the ways of fishing.  We taught Clay how to gut a fish properly too, cause you can't catch a fish and not know how to clean it.
 These were some mighty good tasting fish that we had that night!  Clay was super proud that he brought the meat to the table!!  Clay the mighty fisherman!

No comments: