Reading is Out of This World


 Super Reader Hayden!!

Hayden had his end of the year program for 1st grade on May 21, 2013!  His teacher is Mrs. Vasica who we loved!!  The 1st grade students were challenged to read 5 books or 5 chapters if they are into chapter books, each week.  This challenge lasted over 7 weeks.  Hayden never missed a single time and he was one of six top readers of the entire 1st grade class that were awarded as "Super Readers" at the performance.  The songs they sang were super fun with the "Out of this World" theme and you could tell the students were excited to perform for their family and friends.  Mrs. Vasica also gave Hayden a big book called, "All about our Solar System" since he was her top reader for her personal class.  Loved that she made him feel extra special and was proud of all his hard work.  I was sure proud, one proud mama!!
Also, guess who was able to be here to see Hayden perform...his Grandma Cottrell!!  Diana came just  to help hold down the fort since I would be gone being a good citizen because I was called to jury duty. I had called her to have a casual phone call, talk about how things have been and what's going on and I'm sure I mentioned, or probably complained about being assigned jury duty and what a hassle it was going to be, and next thing I knew she was packing her suitcase and getting in her car to drive 15hrs to my house to be my rescuer!!  I love my mother-in-law or mommy #2 she is the best!!  I ended up only having to go to the courthouse one day and after that my juror number was never called so I got to have fun with Diana all week!  Such a treat for all of us!

No comments: